Wednesday 7 March 2012

Samba sem você


 At the beginning of my stay in Brazil, I had the impression that time had slowed down. Suddenly I felt more relaxed than ever and could finally savour moments of laziness in the warm sun. It seemed like my trip would last forever, and, of course, I wanted it to! But all good things come to an end. Due to personal circumstances I wasn’t able to stay there any longer and there came a day (on Tuesday)  when I had to pack my bags, heavy with bottles of cachaça, and board the plane. Since, towards the end of my stay, invitations to meet suddenly bloomed, final errands had to be made and I was working on some translations (to relieve my dented budget), hardly any time was left to take care of my blog!

So I’m back in cold London (and no, it’s not a bad dream), tired and pensive, but with pockets full of stories and enough of good memories to keep filling the pages of this blog until my next trip to Brazil. I am pretty sure I will now be a frequent visitor! What I also have in excess, and that wasn’t planned, are the few kilos I gained during the numerous trips to bars and restaurants. I reached my record level of 65kg! So, please, dear friends and family, if you see me these days, kindly refrain from commenting about what I already know! I’m starting my post-Brazil diet right away. So today, instead of sinking my teeth into a juicy lump of beef and quenching my thirst with (stupidly) cold beer, I had to make do with wild rocket, organic carrots and light Philadelphia cheese.

Stay tuned, folks! More Brazilian tales coming soon. And in the meantime, listen to the beautiful voice of Rosa Passos singing “Samba sem você” (Samba without you). This song really reflects my current mood as my love stayed behind and will only join me in about a month...





No comments:

Post a Comment